Digital Media Center
The Digital Media Center (DMC) is loaded with state-of-the-art equipment and software designed to help you complete various digital professional, school, or personal projects.
The DMC consists of two studios for media creation, two studios for media conversion, a common room with four iMacs, and small group or individual videoconferencing rooms. Staff is available to answer your questions or help with your digital projects. The DMC is located on the first floor of the Main Library.
Reservations for studios can be placed in person or by phone to the Digital Media Center staff at 847-358-5881 ext.180.
Studios A and B
Studios A & B are used for media creation and editing. Create and edit various audio, video, and image files, even from scratch. In these studios, you can:
- Edit photos with PhotoShop.
- Create logos and marketing materials with Illustrator.
- Create and edit video with Final Cut, Premiere Pro and green screen.
- Create and record music with Logic Pro and a 61-key keyboard.
- Scan, preserve, and restore print photos.
- Build a website using Dreamweaver and Flash.
Use an iMac computer to create professional quality projects with little previous experience needed. You can other digital services in the open lab. You can:
- Turn video footage from your last vacation or wedding into a high-quality video.
- Checkout a laptop for use anywhere in the Library.
- Try out one of the various tablets on the tablet petting zoo.
- Upload you photos to iPhoto for quick and easy editing and sharing.
- Ask any of our friendly staff members for help at the Digital Media Staff desk.