Teen Advisory Board: Get Involved with Your Library!
Want to make your voice heard in the community, develop leadership skills, and have fun making new friends?
We're seeking dedicated teens to share ideas about activities, materials, and changes to implement to make the Library a destination for teens.
Application deadline is August 15, 2015.
Applicants will be notified of a decision by August 28.
What Does the Teen Advisory Board Do?
TAB’s mission is to help the Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens. TAB meets with the Teen Librarian on a monthly basis during the school year to brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about teen library programs, materials, and to sign up for ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Tasks for Board Members
- Help spread the word about programs and services for teens at the Library
- Volunteer at Library programs like International Games Day and fan fests for youth and teens
- Be an active library user in order to provide targeted feedback about programs and services
- Write book reviews for the teen webpage
- Share your ideas at monthly TAB meetings!
Members of the Palatine Public Library District’s Teen Advisory Board must:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Have parental permission to participate, if under 14
- Have a valid Palatine Public Library District card
- Commit to serving a 1 year term on TAB through active involvement (September – June)
- Volunteer for at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
- Attend at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship, and college applications
TAB Meeting Dates 2015-2016
- The second Tuesday of every month, September through June, from 7:00-8:30 pm
- September 8, October 13, November 10, December 8, January 12, February 9, March 8, April 12, May 10, June 14