Teen Advisory Board: Get Involved with Your Library!
Want to make your voice heard in the community, develop leadership skills, and have fun making new friends?
The Teen Advisory Board is a place share ideas about activities, materials, and changes to implement to make the Library a destination for teens.
TAB is not accepting appliations at this time.
What Does the Teen Advisory Board Do?
TAB’s mission is to help the Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens. TAB meets with the Teen Librarian on a monthly basis during the school year to brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about teen library programs, materials, and to sign up for ongoing volunteer opportunities.
TAB meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month from 7:00-8:30 p.m. for the following 2014-2015 dates:
Tasks for Board Members
- Help spread the word about programs and services for teens at the Library
- Volunteer at Library programs like International Games Day and fan fests for youth and teens
- Be an active library user in order to provide targeted feedback about programs and services
- Write book reviews for the teen webpage
- Share your ideas at monthly TAB meetings!
Teen Advisory Board Membership Requirements
Members of the Palatine Public Library District’s Teen Advisory Board must:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Have parental permission to participate, if under 14
- Have a valid Palatine Public Library District card
- Commit to serving a 1 year term on TAB through active involvement (September – June)
- Volunteer for at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
- Attend at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship, and college applications