Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
The Teen Advisory board is a group of dedicated teens that share ideas about activities, materials, and changes to implement to make the Library a better place for teens.
TAB is currently not accepting applications for new members.
What Does the Teen Advisory Board Do?
Mission: To help the Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens.
The Palatine Public Library District believes that our teens are an important part of our community. We want to listen to your perspective on the kinds of services, materials, and programs provided to you. Join TAB and share your input with the Library!
Tasks for Board Members:
- Help plan, publicize and attend programs for teens at the library
- Suggest books and other materials for the Young Adult collection
- Review and discuss books and other media
- Provide input for the Library’s presence on social networking sites
- Write reviews and add commentary to the Library’s website
- Share your ideas at monthly TAB meetings!
Teen Advisory Board Membership Requirements
Members of the Palatine Public Library District’s Teen Advisory Board will:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Have parental permission to participate, if under 14.
- Have a valid Palatine Public Library District card
- Serve a 1 year term on TAB through active involvement
- Volunteer for at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
- Attend at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members may receive volunteer service credits from their schools
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation looks great on job, scholarship and college applications