Teen Advisory Board: Get Involved with Your Library!
Want to make your voice heard in the community, develop leadership skills, and have fun making new friends?
The Teen Advisory Board is a place share ideas about activities, materials, and changes to implement to make the Library a destination for teens.
TAB is not accepting appliations at this time.
Meeting Dates 2015-2016
TAB meets the second Tuesday of every month, September through June, from 7:00-8:30 pm
What Does the Teen Advisory Board Do?
TAB’s mission is to help the Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens. TAB meets with the Teen Librarian on a monthly basis during the school year to brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about teen library programs, materials, and to sign up for ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Tasks for Board Members
- Help spread the word about programs and services for teens at the Library
- Volunteer at Library programs like International Games Day and fan fests for youth and teens
- Be an active library user in order to provide targeted feedback about programs and services
- Write book reviews for the teen webpage
- Share your ideas at monthly TAB meetings!
Members of the Palatine Public Library District’s Teen Advisory Board must:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Have parental permission to participate, if under 14
- Have a valid Palatine Public Library District card
- Commit to serving a 1 year term on TAB through active involvement (September – June)
- Volunteer for at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
- Attend at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship, and college applications