Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
1) Place your holds.
2) Wait for notification that your holds are ready.
3) Reserve an appointment for Curbside Pickup online or over the phone.
4) Come to the front of the Main Library for pickup.
Update to Service Changes December 2020
Because of the stay-at-home advisory from the Governor and the increasing and rapid rise in COVID-19 cases in Suburban Cook County, the Library is extending building closures until further notice.
Curbside Hours Main Library:
- Curbside Pickup appointments available:
- Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Closed
- Virtual reference and programming available.
Rand Road Branch:
Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ONLY
Self-Pickup in front entrance of the Community Resource Center. Bags are labeled by name.
North Hoffman Branch:
Wednesdays, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ONLY
Self-Pickup outside the Willow Recreation Center. Library delivery van will be there for inclement weather. Bags are labeled by name.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
How to Place a Hold
- Visit palatinelibrary.org and log onto My Account with your library card number and password. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select PLACE HOLD for pickup at Main Library.
- Call 847-907-3600 for assistance placing holds. Press 1. You may experience delays due to high call volume.
- You will be contacted once your items are ready for pick-up, and then you can make an appointment. Items will be held for seven days.
How to Make an Appointment for Curbside
- Once you’ve received notification that your holds are ready, you can then make an appointment. Please do not reserve an appointment beforehand.
- Reserve an appointment online for Curbside Pickup, or call 847-907-3600 and staff will setup an appointment. Slots are available every ½ hour during curbside operating hours. You will need your library card number.
- Reservations must be at least 90 minutes in advance of your appointment time. Example: An appointment for 11:30 am must be made by 10:00 am.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment day and time.
Pick Up Instructions
1) First come to the front of the Main Library at your appointment time.
2) Call 847-907-3600 and Press 2 for Holds Pickup. Let staff know you have arrived at the Library to pick up your items. You will need your library card number.
3) Staff will bring your hold items out to your vehicle and place them in the trunk.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Staff will not be handing you your items in order to maintain a 6-foot safe distance.
- Materials will be placed in the trunk of your car or the back seat only. If you must get out to open the trunk, you must wear a mask!
- Staff will leave your bag on the curb if you specify that in the instructions.
- Items checked out through Curbside Pickup are due within 21 days. You will receive an email notification two days before your items are due.
Safety of Staff, Patrons, and Materials are Critical
- Using disinfectants is not good for library materials. Therefore, all returned items will be quarantined for 3 days before being checked in. Please use your best judgment when handling materials.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves for protection.
- We will maintain a 6-foot minimum safe distance for social distancing.
- We are not accepting book donations currently.