Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
1) Place your holds.
2) Wait for notification that your holds are ready.
3) Reserve an appointment for Curbside Pickup online or over the phone.
4) Come to the front of the Main Library for pickup.
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, 10:00 to 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
How to Place a Hold
- Log onto My Account with your library card number and password. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select PLACE HOLD for pickup at the Main Library, North Hoffman Branch, or Rand Road Branch
- Call 847-907-3600 for assistance placing holds. Press 1.
- You will be contacted once your items are ready for pick-up, and then you can make an appointment. Items will be held for seven days.
How to Make an Appointment for Curbside
- Once you’ve received notification that your holds are ready, you can then make an appointment. Please do not reserve an appointment beforehand.
- Reserve an appointment online for Curbside Pickup, or call 847-907-3600 and staff will setup an appointment. You will need your library card number.
- Reservations must be at least 90 minutes in advance of your appointment time. Example: An appointment for 10:00 am must be made by 8:30 am.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment day and time.
Pick Up Instructions at Main Library
1) First come to the front of the Main Library at your appointment time.
2) Call 847-907-3600 and Press 2 for Holds Pickup. Let staff know you have arrived at the Library to pick up your items. You will need your library card number.
3) Staff will bring your hold items out to your vehicle and place them in the trunk.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Staff will not be handing you your items in order to maintain a 6-foot safe distance.
- Staff will leave your bag on the curb if you specify that in the instructions.
- Using disinfectants is not good for library materials.
- Staff will be wearing masks for protection.
- We will maintain a 6-foot minimum safe distance for social distancing.