New Curbside Pickup hours beginning October 19
Monday through Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Curbside Pickup is by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
1) Place your holds.
2) Wait for notification that your holds are ready.
3) Reserve an appointment for Curbside Pickup online or over the phone.
4) Come to the front of the Main Library for pickup.
How to Place a Hold
- Visit palatinelibrary.org and log onto My Account with your library card number and PIN. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select Request It for pickup at Main Library only.
- Call 847-907-3600 for assistance placing holds. Press 1. You may experience delays due to high call volume.
- You will be contacted once your items are ready for pick-up, and then you can make an appointment. Items will be held for seven days.
How to Make an Appointment for Curbside
- Once you’ve received notification that your holds are ready, you can then make an appointment. Please do not reserve an appointment beforehand.
- Reserve an appointment online for Curbside Pickup, or call 847-907-3600 and staff will setup an appointment. Slots are available every ½ hour from 11:00 am through 4:30 pm, Mon-Sat. You will need your library card number.
- Reservations must be at least 90 minutes in advance of your appointment time. Example: An appointment for 11:30 am must be made by 10:00 am.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment day and time.
Pick Up Instructions
1) First come to the front of the Main Library at your appointment time.
2) Call 847-907-3600 and Press 2 for Holds Pickup. Let staff know you have arrived at the Library to pick up your items. You will need your library card number.
3) Staff will bring your hold items out to your vehicle and place them in the trunk.
Staff will not be handing you your items in order to maintain a 6-foot safe distance.
- Items checked out through Curbside Pickup are due within 21 days. You will receive an email notification two days before your items are due.
- If you prefer, you can come in, pick up your holds, and use the self-checkout.
Safety of Staff, Patrons, and Materials are Critical
- Using disinfectants is not good for library materials. Therefore, all returned items will be quarantined for 3 days before being checked in. Please use your best judgment when handling materials.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves for protection.
- We will maintain a 6-foot minimum safe distance for social distancing.
- We are not accepting book donations currently.